Book Title: Grim Encounters
Author: Holly Hood
Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance (novella)
Release Date: June 21, 2014
Hosted by: Book Enthusiast Promotions
“Now is not the time. If we’re here it’s for a good reason.” He ran a hand down the back of his neck.
Kenny rested his glass on the table. “Listen to your boyfriend before you piss me off.”
I opened my mouth to say more but stopped.
“You think I give a shit about the bartender hearing you talk about the dead body in my trunk?” He cocked his head sideways, several heads turned.
“She’s done.” Slade touched my arm. “She won’t say another god damn thing.”
I shut my mouth when his hand slammed down on the table, the hand that killed my dad.
Kenny put an arm around me and pointed across the room. “See the blonde?”
I searched the crowd of drunks and found a skinny blonde wiping a table.
“She’s the girl who can bring your daddy back to life. Unless of course you’ve changed your mind and want us to dump him on the side of the road somewhere.”
I pulled away from his fingers toying with my hair. “I haven’t changed my mind.”
“Alright, work your magic.”
I waited for Slade to stand.
“Why can’t you go ask her?” I looked at Kenny. He made everything so complicated.
“I don’t know why I didn’t think about that.” He nodded at the bartender and took his glass. “Oh that’s right. She hates me.”
I sighed. “Doesn’t everyone?”
Slade interrupted us. “What’s the issue?”
“I sort of beat the shit out of her husband and threatened to make the rest of her life miserable.” He shrugged.
“And you think we can convince her to help?” I rolled my eyes. “By the way is there anyone that can stand you or do you like it that way?”
Slade shook his head.
Kenny raised an eyebrow. “I love how even though you know I hold your dad’s life in my hands you’re willing to talk shit to me. It’s kind of a turn on.”
Slade sat his beer on the table. “I said we would help. I didn’t say I’d let you sexually harass my girl.”
“You call it sexual harassment. I call it foreplay.”
I grabbed my drink the sweat soaking my fingers. “What are we supposed to say to her?”
“Say whatever you need to, do whatever you need to. Just get her to agree to a meeting.” Kenny downed his. “And do it fast she’s off soon.”
- I share the same birthday with Prince William
- My favorite band is One Republic
- When I wake up in the morning I usually have one sock on and one sock off
- I have four tattoos and they all are on my left arm
- I am six feet tall
- I am addicted to Pretty Little Liars
- I don't use ketchup
- I eat way too much salt
- I get motion sickness if I read in the car
- I have never broke anything
- I've known my best friend since the third grade
- I hate the sound of people chewing
- I don't drink , like ever. Never has been my thing
- I hate just about any winged bug and spiders
- I love EOS lip balm
- I shaved my head because I got tired of my hair and it's just now growing back
- I bite my nails
- My favorite color is teal
- I love cows MOO!
- My next tattoo will be a peacock in memory of my mom jr