Sunday, October 6, 2013

FREE FOR ONE DAY ONLY CRASH AND BURN BY CHELSEA CAMARON

 
Crash and Burn
(Daddy’s Girls 0.5)
By Chelsea Camaron
 
Released Sept 28, 2013
 
Goodreads
 

 
Amazon
 
 
Blurb
   Crash.....a crash ended it all and started it all.  Dina Fowler is attending college with her long time best friend Maggie Lawson.  Life is good and carefree.  Until the crash that changed it all.  Her freshman year ends with the loss of her parents in a car accident, spiraling Dina into a deep depression.  Secluding herself as she picks up the pieces to her life, slowly she finds the only person she has left is Maggie.
 
   Chance encounters sometimes make the most incredible moments, other times they crash and burn.  A chance encounter brings Michael barreling into a lost and vulnerable Dina's life.  Playing on every weakness she has, he weasels his way into her heart.  Slow build up to the hell that was soon to become Dina's daily nightmare.  Her parents are gone.  She wants out but has no idea how to escape her new reality.
    Can she find her way out?  Or will she be lost completely burning in her own personal hell? 
Excerpt 3 Dina
Hell.  Hell is the place you are supposed to fear.  Live your life in the right way so you don’t burn in hell.  What happens when your hell is lived daily on Earth?
I’m in hell.  I’m worthless, I’m broken, and I don’t even know the woman staring back at me in the mirror.  Things have only gotten worse with Michael.  Other than going to class, I can’t go anywhere; he’s my priority.  Therefore, I should be home waiting on him and doing what he needs me to do.  How did I get here?  How do I escape?  Maggie and I had the worst fight last night about Michael.
“Wake the fuck up D.  This isn’t love.  This is control, manipulation, and power.  Love is patient, love is kind….you know, all that!   Where is that with Michael?  What you have with Michael is fear, Dina.”  Maggie states.
“He loves me in a way you can’t understand.  No one can.”  I reply, thinking, I don’t even understand it anymore.
“You’re right, Dina.  I don’t understand, I can’t understand.  You don’t hurt people you love.”
Her words are on continual repeat in my head.  Battered. Broken. Discouraged.  Lost.  Alone.  I will not be defeated.  Somehow, I will come out of this.  I will not crash and burn.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment